Event ID 10012 — COM General Functionality
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
COM+ applications use Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) technology in Microsoft Windows operating systems to communicate and take advantage of Windows services. COM technologies include COM+, DCOM, and ActiveX Controls.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||There is an assertion failure in DCOM. Context follows: %1 %2 %3|
Report the error to Microsoft
If you continue to get this error, note the steps to reproduce the error condition and event message, along with any details in the event message, and then report the error to Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS). For information about how to contact CSS, see Enterprise Support (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52267).
You can verify that your security policy for this server is configured properly by running the Component Services administrative tool and ensuring that the required security properties are set.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To open Component Services and verify that the required security properties are set:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type comexp.msc, and then click OK. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- To locate your computer, click Component Services, click Computers, and then click My Computer.
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the COM Security tab, and confirm that the Access Permissions and Launch and Activition Permissions properties are set properly.