Event ID 32064 — Fax Server Activity Logging
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
A fax activity log provides you with detailed information about incoming and outgoing fax traffic. It can help you track users' fax activity, track performance, and identify problems and bottlenecks.
The activity log has two text files, InboxLOG.txt and OutboxLOG.txt, which are located in %systemdrive%\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\ActivityLog.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Fax Service failed to read the activity logging configuration, possibly due to registry corruption or a lack of system resources.%r Reinstall the fax component.%r Win32 error code: %1.%r This error code indicates the cause of the error.|
Reinstall the Fax Server role
The Fax service must have sufficient resources and the ability to read and write to the registry.
To continue to use your fax server, you must reinstall the Fax component.
To install or configure fax components, you must be a member of the Administrators group or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To uninstall and then reinstall the Fax Server role:
- Click Start, click Server Manager, in the left pane click Roles, and then in the right pane click Remove Roles.
- In the Add Roles Wizard, on the Select Server Roles page, clear the check box for Fax Server, and then follow the instructions in the wizard to uninstall the role.
- Then, to reinstall the role, in Server Manager, in the left pane click Role, and then in the right pane click Add Roles.
- In the Add Roles Wizard, on the Select Server Roles page, select the check box for Fax Server. When you do this, you will see a message that Print Services and Remote Server Administration Tools also need to be installed with the Fax Server role.
- Click Add Required Role Services and then click Next.
- On the Select Fax Users page, click Add and then type the domain and user name for groups and users that will have access to the fax server to send or receive faxes. Click Next. The Administrators group is added automatically to the Fax Users group and cannot be removed. In addition, if the Fax Users group already exists on the computer and is populated, those members will automatically appear under Fax Users or User Groups, but can be removed.
- On the Specify Who Can Access the Fax Server Inbox page, do one of the following and then click Next:
- Click Only routing assistants can access the fax server inbox to limit access to the inbox to just members of the Routing Assistants user group. These users are responsible for routing faxes in the inbox to the intended recipients. You will specify group members later in the wizard.
- Click All users can access the fax server inbox to give all users with access to the fax server the ability to view all received faxes. This option provides less privacy, but also requires less management.
- If you chose to limit access to the inbox to Routing Assistants, on the Select Routing Assistants page, click Add and then type the group name or domain and user name for groups and users who will be members of the Routing Assistants group. Click Next. As with the Fax Users group, the Administrators group is added automatically to the Routing Assistants group and cannot be removed. In addition, if the Routing Assistants group already exists on the computer and is populated, those members will automatically appear under Routing assistants, but can be removed.
- Continue through the wizard until you reach the Confirm Installation Selections page and review the choices that you made. Click Install.
To confirm that activity logging is correctly configured, you should confirm the settings for incoming and outgoing activity logging, and verify that the destination folder exists, that the log files exist, and that the folder has the correct permissions.
To configure fax components, you must be a member of the Administrators group or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
Confirm settings for activity logging
To confirm settings for fax activity logging:
- To open Fax Service Manager, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Fax Service Manager.
- In the left pane, right-click Fax, and then click Properties.
- On the Activity Logging tab, verify that the Log incoming fax activity and the Log outgoing fax activity check boxes are selected.
Confirm permissions for ActivityLog folder
To confirm the presence of the ActivityLog folder and permissions for that folder:
- To open Windows Explorer, right-click Start, and then click Explore.
- In the left pane, click the disk that contains the operating system.
- On the toolbar, click Organize, click Folder and Search Options, click the View tab, and then click Show Hidden Files and Folders. Close the dialog box.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to %systemdrive%\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\ActivityLog and confirm that the InboxLOG.txt and OutboxLOG.txt files exist.
- Right-click the ActivityLog folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.
- Ensure that the folder has Write permissions for the Network Service account.