Event ID 4842 — COM+ Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
COM+ configuration specifies the settings for a Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) application. The administrator can change the settings in property sheets by using the Component Services administrative tool. The property sheets include settings for such areas as Security, Identity, and Activation.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Object reference passed as a method parameter to a Queued Component does not implement IPersistStream.%1%0|
Report the error to the application developer
An error condition may have resulted from a problem in the application's custom marshalling code. Provide the entire event message to the application developer so that the developer can debug and fix the application.
You can verify that your component is working properly by running the Component Services administrative tool and ensuring that the required properties for the component are set.
To perform the procedures, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To open Component Services and verify that the component's required properties are set:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type comexp.msc, and then click OK. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- To locate your application, click Component Services, click Computers, click My Computer, and then click COM+ Applications.
- Right-click the component name, and then click Properties.
- In the component properties dialog box, click each tab to verify that the required properties are set.
In addition, you can verify that the COM+ operating system component is installed and working properly.
To verify that COM+ is working properly:
- In the console tree of Component Services, click Services (Local).
- Scroll through the list of service names to find the following services: COM+ Event System (optional), COM+ System Application, DCOM Server Process Launcher, and Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
- Confirm that the status of each service is Started.