Event ID 198 — AD RMS Cluster Installation
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Installing the Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) server role is done by using Server Manager. An AD RMS cluster can be a single-server AD RMS installation or several AD RMS servers installed in a load-balancing environment to handle requests from AD RMS-enabled clients.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Source:||Active Directory Rights Management Services|
|Message:||The Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) service account credentials are not correct. Update the AD RMS service account with the correct credentials.|
Check AD RMS service account credentials
During the installation of AD RMS, you are asked to enter a user account that is used as the AD RMS service account. If the credentials are not valid, the AD RMS installation will fail. You should ensure that the credentials are correct by logging on to a computer that is joined to the domain where AD RMS is installed. If the logon is successful, you should use these credentials and install AD RMS again.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To install the AD RMS role by using Server Manager:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
- In the Roles Summary section, click Add Roles, and then click Next.
- Select the Active Directory Rights Management Services check box, and then click Next.
- Complete the appropriate information in the AD RMS role wizard setup.
- Click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Close.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local AD RMS Enterprise Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the AD RMS cluster installation is working properly:
- Log on to a server in the AD RMS cluster.
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Rights Management Services.
- Verify that the AD RMS cluster was added successfully by expanding the AD RMS cluster name.