Event ID 4007 — Performance Counter Status
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Performance Counters are collected and used by services and applications. If they are installed incorrectly or with improper permissions, or if required files are not enabled on the system, those services or applications cannot collect or interpret the data.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Unable to look up the address of an SNMP Extension routine in the INETMIB1.DLL library. The WIN32 error number is returned in the data.|
System Monitor requires the dynamic-link library (DLL) INETMIB1.DLL in order to monitor TCP/IP counters. When you install the TCP/IP protocol using Network and Dial-up Connections in the Control Panel, INETMIB1.DLL is not installed.
To install INETMIB1.DLL:
- Insert your installation DVD-ROM in the DVD-ROM drive.
- Click Start, click All Programs, and click Accessories.
- Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- At the command prompt, type expand <DVD>:\i386\inetmib1.dl_ %SYSTEM32%\inetmib1.dll and then press ENTER, where <DVD> is the drive letter of your DVD-ROM drive (e.g., D).
You can use Windows Reliability and Performance Monitor to verify that netowkr performance counters are properly collected and displayed in a Performance Monitor graph. In addition, you can use the typeperf command to get a list of the available counters on the local system.
Membership in the local Administrators group is required to complete these procedures.
View counters in Performance Monitor
To view counters in Performance Monitor:
- On the computer where you want to view counters, click Start. In the Start Search text box, type perfmon.exe, and then press ENTER.
- In the navigation pane, expand Monitoring Tools, and then click Performance Monitor.
- Click the Add button to open a list of available performance counters.
- In the Add Counters dialog box, you can click Help for more information on adding counters. When you have finished adding counters to the list, click OK.
- Verify that the performance counters you selected are displayed in the Performance Monitor graph.
View a list of counters using the typeperf command
To view a list of counters at the command prompt:
- Click Start, click All Programs, and click Accessories. Right-click Command Prompt, and click Run as administrator.
- At the command prompt, type typeperf -qx and press ENTER.
- Verify that the performance counter list contains expected values.