Event ID 10151 — Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
You can configure various aspects of the WinRM service. The configuration information is stored in the registry.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The WinRM service had a failure (%1) reading configuration during ip address change notification.
Service will continue running with old configuration.
If immediae changes are required manually restart the service
Restart WinRM service
To restart the WinRM service by using the Services MMC snap-in:
- Click the Start button.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click System and Maintenance.
- Click Administrative Tools.
- Click Services to start the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in.
- Search for Windows Remote Management (WS-Management) in the list of service names displayed by the Services MMC snap-in.
- Right-click the Windows Remote Management (WS-Management) service name and select Restart to restart the service.
Note: If the WinRM service is not started, the Restart option will not appear in the context menu displayed in Step 7. In this case, select Start instead.
To restart the WinRM service by using a command-line tool:
- Type net stop winrm.
- Type net start winrm.
Use the winrm command-line tool to request the WinRM service to verify that the service is listening on the network.
To make a request, type winrm get winrm/config -r:<computer>, where computer is the name of the remote computer where the winrm service is running.