Event ID 20151 — RRAS PPP Initialization
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
During connection initializaiton, Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) uses Link Control Protocol (LCP) to negotiate link parameters, such as the maximum PPP frame size, the use of Multilink, and the use of a specific PPP authentication protocol.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The Control Protocol: %1 in the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) module: %2 returned an error while initializing. %3|
Disconnect and retry the remote access connection, check network services, or check NAP
- Disconnect and retry the remote access connection.
- Check that network services such as firewall services, NAP Agent, antivirus, system health validators (SHVs), and system health agents (SHAs) are running.
- Make a Network Access Protection (NAP) connection, change the statement of health (SoH), and then check if the issue still exists.
To verify that the remote access server can accept connections, establish a remote access connection from a client computer.
To create a VPN connection:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet, click Network and Sharing Center, and then click Set up a connection or network.
- Click Connect to a workplace, and then click Next.
- Complete the steps in the Connect to a Workplace wizard.
To connect to a remote access server:
- In Network and Sharing Center, click Manage network connections.
- Double-click the VPN connection, and then click Connect.
- Verify that the connection was established successfully.