Event ID 2003 — Language Pack Installation and Removal
Updated: December 16, 2008
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Multilingual User Interface (MUI) language packs and Language Interface Packs (LIPs) are installed and removed on your computer using the Language Pack Setup tool (Lpksetup.exe). You can run this program using the Language Pack Setup Wizard or in unattended silent mode.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The call to NotifyUILanguageChange to change Machine UI language from %1 to %2 failed with error %3|
Manually configure the display language
All languages are successfully installed on the computer, but Lpksetup failed to change the display language. To fix this, change the display language back to the original language, and then change to your desired language.
To change the display language:
- Click Change display language in Control Panel (located under Clock, Language, and Region).
- Select the original language from the drop-down list, and click Apply.
- Select your desired language from the drop-down list, anc click Apply.
To verify that the language pack was successfully installed or removed:
- In Control Panel, click Change display language (located under the Clock, Language, and Region section).
- Verify the language is listed (or not listed) in the drop-down list.
Note: The drop-down list will only be visible if you have already installed a language pack or if your operating system supports Multilingual User Interface (MUI). MUI language packs can only be installed on Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista Enterprise.