Event ID 656 — Trust Policy and Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
The Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) trust policy file defines the set of parameters that a Federation Service requires to identify partners, certificates, account stores, claims, and the various properties of these entities that are associated with the Federation Service.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The Federation Service encountered an error while loading the trust policy. A Uniform Resource Locator (URL) in the trust policy is not valid.
If this error occurs during startup of the Federation Service, the Federation Service will not be able to start and all requests to the Federation Service will fail until the configuration is corrected. If this error occurs while the Federation Service is running, the Federation Service will continue to use the last policy that was loaded successfully.
This error should occur only if the trust policy file has been modified without use of the AD FS administrative tools. Enter a valid URL.
Enter a URL in a valid format
This error occurs only if the trust policy file has been modified without the use of the Active Directory Federation Services snap-in.
Enter a Uniform Resource Locator (URL) in a valid format.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To enter a valid URL in the trust policy:
- On the federation server, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Federation Services.
- Enter a valid URL in any of the following property pages:
- In the console tree, under Federation Service right-click Trust Policy, and then click Properties.
- In the console tree, under Federation Service\Trust Policy\Applications, right-click the appropriate application, and then click Properties.
- In the console tree, under Federation Service\Trust Policy\Partner Organizations\Account Partners or Resource Partners, right-click the appropriate partner, and then click Properties.
Verify that you can access the Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)-enabled application from a client browser and that the resource can be accessed.