Event ID 1110 — Group Policy Preprocessing (Active Directory)
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Group Policy processing requires Active Directory. The Group Policy service reads and updates information stored in Active Directory. The absence of Active Directory (or a domain controller) prevents Group Policy from applying to the computer or user.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not determine if the user and computer accounts are in the same forest. Ensure the user domain name matches the name of a trusted domain that resides in the same forest as the computer account.|
Discover user and computer forests
The Group Policy service failed to obtain a list of domains in the forest. Group Policy processing stopped because the Group Policy service cannot determine if the user and computer belong to the same forest.
To correct user and computer forest discovery:
- Find the error code displayed in the error event. The error code appears on the Details tab of the error event. The error code and error description fields may help identify the reason for the failure.
- Ensure domain controllers are accessible in the domain that hosts the computer object.
- Disjoin and join the computer to the domain. Then log on with the same user account that experienced the problem.
- Use Active Directory troubleshooting procedures to further diagnose the problem (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=92708).
Group Policy applies during computer startup and user logon. Afterward, Group Policy applies every 90 to 120 minutes. Events appearing in the event log may not reflect the most current state of Group Policy. Therefore, you should always refresh Group Policy to determine if Group Policy is working correctly.
To refresh Group Policy on a specific computer:
- Open the Start menu. Click All Programs and then click Accessories.
- Click Command Prompt.
- In the command prompt window, type gpupdate and then press ENTER.
- When the gpupdate command completes, open the Event Viewer.
Group Policy is working correctly if the last Group Policy event to appear in the System event log has one of the following event IDs: