Event ID 318 — Printer Driver Installation Status
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
This is preliminary documentation and subject to change.
Printer driver installation status relates to the process of installing or updating printer drivers.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Failed to upgrade printer settings for printer %1 driver %2. Error: %3. The device settings for the printer are set to those configured by the manufacturer.|
Set printing defaults
Configure the printer with the desired default settings by using the following procedure:
- Open either the Print Management snap-in or the Printers folder.
- Right-click the printer for which you want to set the default printing preferences, click Properties, and then click the Advanced tab.
- Click Printing Defaults.
- Use the Layout and Paper/Quality tabs and the Advanced button to see the available choices, and then specify the default settings.
Note: To change device settings, you must have the Manage Printers permissions.
To verify that you resolved the problem:
- Open the Printers folder on the affected computer, right-click an open area, and then click Server Properties. Make sure that the expected driver is installed.
- In the Printers folder, right-click the printer and then click Properties. On the Advanced tab, confirm that the expected driver is selected.
- Print a test page. If the print server logs spooler information events, look for Print Spooler Event 10 after printing, and then examine the document to confirm that it printed correctly.