Event ID 1981 — Application Directory Partition Default Security
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
When you create a new application directory partition, a new security descriptor is calculated and assigned to the application directory partition object.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||AD_TERM was unable to access the security identifier (SID) associated with the Enterprise Domain Controllers group or the Enterprise Read-only Domain Controllers group.|
Look for additional errors that are related to the application directory partition
This is a general event message indicating that larger issues may exist. Look for the following Event IDs in the Directory Services log of Event Viewer: 1979, 1980, 1982, and 1983. If any of these events exist, use the additional information in them to resolve the issue.
After you create an application directory partition, check Event Viewer for the following Event IDs: 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, and 1983. If you find these events after you create an application directory partition, the attempt to create the partition failed. For more information about extending the schema properly, see Security Descriptor String Format (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=96260).
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Domain Admins, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify the creation of an application directory partition by using Event Viewer:
- Open Event Viewer. To open Event Viewer, click Start. In Start Search, type eventvwr.msc, and then press ENTER. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- Expand Applications and Services Logs, and then click Directory Service.
- Click Find, type 1979, and then click Find Now.
- Click Find Next to search for additional events as necessary.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 to search for Event IDs 1980, 1981, 1982, and 1983.