Event ID 4868 — Virtual Desktop Management
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Virtual desktops assigned as personal virtual desktops or assigned to virtual desktop pools are managed by using Hyper-V Manager.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Failed to request Hyper-V to save VM.
Verify Hyper-V status. VM=%1, Hr=%2
Use Hyper-V troubleshooting procedures
This issue can happen if the SaveDelay property is set to True but Hyper-V cannot save the virtual desktop.
Use Hyper-V troubleshooting procedures to further diagnose the problem (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd578337(WS.10).aspx).
To verify that the virtual desktops are configured correctly, you can connect to them by using RD Web Access.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To connect to a virtual desktop:
- On a client computer, open Internet Explorer. To open Internet Explorer, click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Internet Explorer.
- In the Address bar, type https://*servername*/RDWeb where servername is the fully qualified domain name of the RD Web Access server, and then press ENTER.
- In the Domain\user name box, type the name of a user account that has access to a virtual desktop.
- In the Password box, type the specified password, and then click Sign in.
- Click the appropriate virtual desktop, and then click Connect.
- Verify that the virtual desktop opens without error.