Event ID 1000 — Bi-Directional Audio Redirection Availability
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
To use bi-directional audio redirection, the Remote Desktop Connection client must support Remote Desktop Protocol 7.0.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Server version: %1.
Client version: %2.
Use Remote Desktop Connection 7.0
Audio and video playback redirection is only available on computers that are running Remote Desktop Connection 7.0. To resolve this issue, use a computer that is running Remote Desktop Connection 7.0.
To verify that bi-directional audio is functioning correctly, establish a connection to the RD Session Host server and verify that the playback and recording devices are shown in the Sound control panel.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the playback and recording devices are shown in the Sound control panel:
- Establish a connection to the RD Session Host server.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound, and then click Sound.
- On the Playback tab, verify that Remote Audio shows in the list of playback devices.
- On the Recording tab, verify that Remote Audio shows in the list of recording devices.