Event ID 4876 — Virtual Desktop Management
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Virtual desktops assigned as personal virtual desktops or assigned to virtual desktop pools are managed by using Hyper-V Manager.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Failed to update GuestOsEnlightened property. VM=%1, Hr=%2|
Review GuestOSEnlightened property in a script
This issue can only happen when using a script to configure the GuestOSEnlightened property for a virtual desktop. Ensure that the script is configured correctly and try to run the script again.
To verify that the virtual desktops are configured correctly, you can connect to them by using RD Web Access.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To connect to a virtual desktop:
- On a client computer, open Internet Explorer. To open Internet Explorer, click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Internet Explorer.
- In the Address bar, type https://servername/RDWeb where servername is the fully qualified domain name of the RD Web Access server, and then press ENTER.
- In the Domain\user name box, type the name of a user account that has access to a virtual desktop.
- In the Password box, type the specified password, and then click Sign in.
- Click the appropriate virtual desktop, and then click Connect.
- Verify that the virtual desktop opens without error.