The windowsPE configuration pass is used to configure settings specific to Windows PE as well as settings that apply to installation.
For example, you can specify the display resolution of Windows PE, where to save a log file, and other Windows PE-related settings.
The windowsPE pass also enables you to specify Windows Setup-related settings, including:
- Partition and format a hard disk.
- Select a specific Windows image to install, the path of that image, and any credentials required to access that image.
- Select a partition on the destination computer where you install Windows.
- Apply a product key and administrator password.
- Run specific commands during Windows Setup.