Azure Time Series Insights REST APIs
Azure Time Series Insights provides data exploration and telemetry tools to help you improve operational analysis. It's a fully managed analytics, storage, and visualization service where you can explore and analyze billions of Internet of Things (IoT) events simultaneously.
Azure Time Series Insights gives you a global view of your data, so you can quickly validate your IoT solution and avoid costly downtime to mission-critical devices. It can help you discover hidden trends, spot anomalies, and conduct root-cause analyses in near real time.
API querying overview
The Azure Time Series Insights APIs provide secure REST CREATE, READ, UPDATE, and DELETE operations by using the Azure Time Series Insights Gen1 and Azure Time Series Insights Gen2 query syntax.
Batch operations and result pagination are supported for most APIs.
Azure Time Series Insights Gen1 live event streaming is supported through secure WebSockets.
Azure Time Series Insights Gen1 and Gen2
The Azure Time Series Insights APIs are split into two versions: Gen1 and Gen2. The Gen2 version is a major service update.
Data access for Gen1:
Data access for Gen2:
- Review the Gen2 Data Access Overview
- Review the Gen2 Time Series Expression (TSX) documentation.
- Review the Gen2 Time Series Model API concepts and reference documentation.
- Review the Gen2 Environments API concept and reference documentation.
- Review the Gen2 Query API concept and reference documentation.
- Review the Gen2 API Limits documentation.
Learn more about the Time Series Model.
Learn about authentication and authorization for Azure Time Series Insights.