Getting started on managing SQL databases across regions in C#
Azure Storage sample for managing SQL Database -
- Create 3 SQL Servers in different region.
- Create a master database in master SQL Server.
- Create 2 more SQL Servers in different azure regions
- Create secondary read only databases in these server with source as database in server created in step 1.
- Create 5 virtual networks in different regions.
- Create one VM in each of the virtual network.
- Update all three databases to have firewall rules with range of each of the virtual network.
Running this Sample
To run this sample:
Set the environment variable
AZURE_AUTH_LOCATION with the full path for an auth file. See how to create an auth file.
git clone https://github.com/Azure-Samples/sql-database-dotnet-manage-sql-databases-across-regions.git cd sql-database-dotnet-manage-sql-databases-across-regions dotnet build bin\Debug\net452\ManageSqlDatabasesAcrossDifferentDataCenters.exe