.NET Core parallel animated ray-traced bouncing ball
The sample source code is a .NET Core WinForms application written in C#, that provides an animated, ray-traced bouncing ball. Sequential and parallel implementations are provided, as is a special parallel implementation that colors the animated image based on which thread was used to calculate which regions. For more information, see Updates on .NET Core Windows Forms designer.
This sample is written in C# and targets .NET Core 3.1. It requires the .NET Core 3.1 SDK.
Types and members in use
The sample source code uses the following types and members:
Building the sample
The source code includes an MSBuild project file for C# (a .csproj file) that targets .NET Core 3.1. After you download the .zip file containing the example code, create a directory and select Download ZIP to download the sample code files to your computer. To build the example:
- Download the .zip file containing.
- Create the directory to which you want to copy the files.
- Copy the files from the .zip file to the directory you just created.
- If you are using Visual Studio 2019:
- In Visual Studio, select Open a project or solution (or File > Open > Project/Solution from the Visual Studio menu.
- Select Debug > Start Debugging from the Visual Studio menu to build and launch the application.
- If you are working from the command line:
- Navigate to the directory that contains the sample.
- Type in the command
dotnet runto build and launch the application.