Solutions Deployment and Maintenance
Solutions Deployment and Maintenance are really important topics in the fields of developing for SharePoint, whenever you want to create sucessfull solutions. In this guidance article you can find references to articles, videos, and samples about how to manage deployment and maintenance of SharePoint Add-Ins, SharePoint Framework solutions, or Sandbox solutions on-premises.
Applies to: Office 365 | SharePoint Online | SharePoint 2013 | SharePoint 2016
In the SharePoint Add-In Model there are many well-known rules and guidelines about how to manage solutions deployment and maintenance. Here you can find some reference articles.
- Publish SharePoint Add-ins
- Tenancies and deployment scopes for SharePoint Add-ins
- Deploying and installing SharePoint Add-ins: methods and options
- Create or update client IDs and secrets in the Seller Dashboard
- Use the Seller Dashboard to submit your solution to AppSource
Applies to: Office 365 | SharePoint Online | SharePoint 2016 (FP2)
The SharePoint Framework (SPFx) has been designed thinking about making it possible to properly manage the deployment and maintenance of solutions. In this section follow articles, samples, and videos that explain you how to manage SPFx solutions deployment and maintenance.
- Tenant-Scoped solution deployment for SharePoint Framework solutions
- Deploy your client-side web part to a SharePoint page
- Deploy your SharePoint client-side web part to Azure CDN
- Deploy your extension to SharePoint
- PnP Webcast - Deployment options for SharePoint Framework Solutions
- PnP Shorts - Tenant-wide deployment option for SharePoint Framework solutions
- PnP Webcast - Automate custom solution deployment steps at Office 365 and Azure
- SharePoint Framework Training - Module 04 Section 1 - Deploy Assets for Production Usage
- PnP Webcast - Site collection app catalog
Applies to: SharePoint 2013 | SharePoint 2016
One of the original design goals of Sandbox solutions was to make it possible to have an easy and smooth process to deploy and maintain the solutions. Even if the sandbox solution are nowadays deprecated, here you can find some useful information to reach that goal.