Delegate controls in the SharePoint Add-in model
The approach you take to implement delegate controls in your code is different in the new SharePoint Add-in model than it was with Full Trust Code. In a typical Full Trust Code (FTC) / Farm Solution scenario, delegate controls were built as user controls or web controls, registered with features, and deployed via SharePoint Solutions.
High Level Guidelines
As a rule of a thumb, we would like to provide the following high level guidelines for creating delegate controls in the new SharePoint Add-in model.
- There is no direct delegate control replacement in the SharePoint Add-in model.
- Cross site collection navigation (O365 PnP Video)
- Guidance articles at http://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPGuidance
- References in MSDN at http://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPMSDN
- Videos at http://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPVideos
Related PnP samples
- Office 365 Multi Tenant (MT)
- Office 365 Dedicated (D)
- SharePoint 2013 on-premises