The on-screen keyboard disappears in Skype Room Systems v2
The virtual keyboard doesn't appear when you need to enter information in Skype Room Systems v2 (SRSV2). This issue occurs after the Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703) is installed on the Surface Pro 4 on which SRSV2 is running.
To work around this issue, manually open the virtual keyboard. To do this, follow these steps:
1.Tap and hold the task bar, and then tap Show touch keyboard button. A keyboard icon should appear on the right side of the task bar.
2. Tap the keyboard icon to open the virtual keyboard.
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
To resolve this issue, create a "EnableDesktopModeAutoInvoke"=dword:00000001registry entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TabletTip\1.7. To do this, follow these steps:
Open Registry Editor.
- Tap and hold the task bar, and then tap Show touch keyboard button. A keyboard icon should appear on the right side of the task bar.
- Tap the Search icon on the left side of the task bar to open the search box.
- Tap the **Search **box, type regedit on the virtual keyboard, and then tap regedit in the search results.
- If Registry Editor doesn't open, swipe from the left side of the screen and tap Registry Editor.
In Registry Editor, navigate to the following path:
Tap and hold the 1.7 folder, tap New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
Enter the name EnableDesktopModeAutoInvoke and then tap **Enter **on the virtual keyboard.
Double-tap the EnableDesktopModeAutoInvoke registry entry, enter 1 under "Value data", and then tap OK.