Schema Compare extension (preview)
The Schema Compare extension provides an easy to use experience to compare .dacpac files and databases and apply the changes from source to target.
This experience is currently in its initial preview. Report issues and feature requests here.
Install the Schema Compare extension
- To open the extensions manager and access the available extensions, select the extensions icon, or select Extensions in the View menu.
- Select an available extension to view its details.
- Select the extension you want (Schema Compare) and Install it.
How do I start a Schema Comparison?
- The main entry point for schema compare is to right-click a database in the Object Explorer, and click Schema Compare.
- The user can also launch the schema compare dialog from the command palette (Ctrl+Shift+P) by searching for Schema Compare
Why would I use the Schema Compare?
Schema Compare was created to add the ability to compare the schemas from .dacpac files and databases and apply the changes.
To learn more about Schema Compare, check our documentation.