Manage Hyper-V hosts and clusters in the VMM compute fabric
Read this article to learn how set up and manage Hyper-V hosts and clusters in the System Center - Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) compute fabric.
You can manage medium, large, and enterprise-scale Hyper-V deployments in the VMM fabric. VMM provides a number of features that allow you to manage and scale growing numbers of Hyper-V servers more easily than in Hyper-V Manager.
In the VMM fabric you can:
- Perform rolling upgrades of Hyper-V clusters in the VMM fabric.
- Add existing Windows servers and clusters with or without the Hyper-V role to the VMM fabric.
- Add a Nano server as a Hyper-V host or cluster in the VMM fabric.
- Create a Hyper-V cluster from existing standalone Hyper-V hosts in the VMM fabric.
- Provision a Hyper-V host or cluster from bare metal in the VMM fabric.