Introducing Microsoft Q&A (Preview)
This post was written by Sandra Aldana, Senior Program Manager, Developer Relations for Cloud + AI Division.
For over 10 years the MSDN and TechNet Forums played a key part in enabling our customers to unblock their business scenarios by offering a platform where technical questions could be answered by Microsoft and the community . As time progressed, and technology evolved, the needs of the community grew beyond what the existing solution could provide. We started on a journey to identify a new, robust solution which would support our need to evolve the user experience.
We’re excited to share an important milestone in the journey, introducing the preview release of Microsoft Q&A - the place to get answers to all your technical questions on Microsoft products and services.
The new Q&A experience will offer relevant and timely answers to your technical problems from a community of experts and Microsoft engineers and will open the door to a variety of new features and experiences, like:
- Tag-based experience allows you to ask questions across products and services in a single place
- Follow posts, tags, or people to get updates
- Unified profile for single sign on across docs.microsoft.com
- Suggested answers as you type your question to quickly identify possible existing answers
- Bookmark content for future reference
Microsoft Q&A is a natural extension of the docs.microsoft.com experience you’ve come to love:
- docs.microsoft.com provides you with deep technical information about specific topics, including the recent addition of code samples to accelerate your learning journey.
- Microsoft Learn allows you to master those topics by following step-by-step tutorials with interactive coding environments.
A migration of a resource this size is a massive undertaking. To ensure a smooth transition and minimize any disruption for users, we’ve broken down the migration into multiple phases. The goal is to complete the migration by mid-2020.
The launch today includes the following products/services and we will continue to add more services to this list during the upcoming months:
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure Active Directory Domain Services
- Azure Active Directory B2C
- Azure Information Protection
- Azure DevTest Labs
- Azure Lab Services
- Azure Virtual Machines
- Azure Service Fabric
- Azure Web Apps
- Universal Windows Platform
- Partner Center API
Check out the FAQ page to find out all the details.
Here is an example on how to ask a question
Here’s how the question looks once posted.
We want your feedback
We would love to hear from you. Please reach out to us and share your feedback through our feedback channel.