The OpenType™ specification has been formatted in HTML, but may link to .PDF files.
OpenType specification version 1.8.3
- OpenType overview
- The OpenType font file
- Font file tables
- Advanced typographic extensions (OpenType layout)
- OpenType layout common table formats
- OpenType font variations overview
- OpenType font variations common table formats
- OpenType Layout Tag Registry
- OpenType Design-Variation Axis Tag Registry
- The WGL4.0 character set
- TrueType fundamentals
- The TrueType instruction set
- OpenType Mirroring Pairs list
- Adobe technical note #5176: “The Compact Font Format Specification”
- Adobe technical note #5177: “Type 2 Charstring Format”
- The CFF 2 Charstring Format
- Adobe Technical Note #5902: “PostScript Name Generation for Variation Fonts”
- Specification changes log file
OpenType 1.8.3 incorporates revisions in DIS draft of the 4th edition of the ISO/IEC 14496-22 “Open Font Format” standard. Current editions and amendments of ISO/IEC 14496-22 are freely available for download from the ISO website.
Updates to this specification are noted in the change log.
Would you like to provide feedback?
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.