Customize project and item templates
Applies to: Visual Studio Visual Studio for Mac
Even after project and item templates have been created, you can further customize them to meet your needs.
For example, you can perform the following tasks:
Modify and export an existing template as a user template.
For more information, see How to: Update existing templates.
Pass custom parameters into a template to replace existing values.
For more information, see How to: Substitute parameters in a template.
Customize the wizards that create projects from templates.
For more information, see How to: Use wizards with project templates (extensibility).
- Creating project and item templates
- How to: Troubleshoot templates
- How to: Create project templates
- How to: Create item templates
- Visual Studio template schema reference
- Customize templates by using the
- List or modify projects in a .NET solution file by using the
Submit and view feedback for