Product availability for software downloads in Visual Studio subscriptions
As part of your subscriber benefits, you have access to a wide range of software downloads. You must be signed in to your subscription to access the Downloads tab.
In general, all commercial and consumer Microsoft products that are relevant for software development projects are made available to Visual Studio subscribers. With Visual Studio subscriptions, products typically remain available for download long into the future — even after the extended product support period has ended — to enable customers to develop and test legacy applications and transition to newer platforms. There are cases where we are unable to provide certain products to subscribers as outlined below, but we make every effort to minimize these occurrences.
There are several reasons why particular products may not be available to subscribers:
- The product is not included in your subscription level or program. Learn more about the software and benefits available with your subscription or download the full list of products available by subscription level. Some programs, such as Microsoft Partner Network, provide Visual Studio subscriptions as a part of their benefits. Those subscriptions do not include all products included in purchased Visual Studio subscriptions. Subscribers to these programs should direct questions about availability of product downloads to the support teams for those programs.
- The product is not included in subscriptions. Some Microsoft products are not included in subscriptions due to special licensing terms, technical restrictions, or developer relevance. If you would like to suggest a product be added to the subscription, please send email to your Visual Studio Customer Service Center.
- The product is publicly available. Some tools, SDKs, DDKs, and service packs are publicly available from the Microsoft Download Center. Some such products may not be published to Downloads.
- The product has not yet released. Many pre-release (beta) versions and release candidates are available from Downloads. However, not all betas can be included; for instance, some betas require special registration or eligibility. For more information about open technical beta programs, please visit Microsoft Connect.
- The product is not available in your country. Some Microsoft products are not available due to regional restrictions.
- Redundant software. Select Office suites and standalone Office downloads and product keys are no longer available in subscriptions that include Office. Downloads and product keys are available for the corresponding highest Office suite of the same version. For example, if you search for PowerPoint 2010, the search will not produce any results. However, you can search for Office 2010 - the Office suite that contained PowerPoint 2010 - and download the suite.
What do I get?
The number and type of downloads depends on your subscription level and program memberships. Subscribers with Visual Studio Enterprise standard subscriptions, for example, may have different downloads available to them than subscribers who obtain their subscriptions through a Microsoft Partner Network or BizSpark program subscription. To learn more about what downloads are available for each subscription level, download the list of Products By Benefit Level.
If you have multiple subscriptions associated with the same email address, the software titles available to you are determined by the highest level subscription you have. For example, if you have a Visual Studio Enterprise subscription and a Visual Studio Test Professional subscription, you will have access to the software titles included with the Visual Studio Enterprise subscription, regardless of which subscription is currently in use in the subscriptions portal.
Not sure which subscription you're using? Connect to https://my.visualstudio.com/subscriptions to see all the subscriptions assigned to your email address. If you don't see all your subscriptions, you may have one or more assigned to a different email address. You'll need to sign in with that email address to see those subscriptions.