Signing in to your Visual Studio subscription(s) with your Microsoft Account (MSA)
The steps to sign in to your Visual Studio subscription depend on the kind of account you're using. For example, you may be using a Microsoft Account (MSA) or an email address supplied by your employer or school. As of January 2019, you can now also use your GitHub account to sign in to some subscriptions.
This article will provide the steps for signing in with your Microsoft Account (MSA).
Signing in with your Microsoft Account (MSA)
Please visit https://my.visualstudio.com.
Enter the email address you provided when you set up or purchased your Visual Studio subscription.
This address is also identified in the subscriber welcome email you received when you purchased the subscription or signed up for Visual Studio Dev Essentials. Please check your junk mail folders if you have trouble locating the welcome email.
Enter your password.
Click Sign in.
At this point, the "Benefits" page should be displayed.
Frequently asked questions
Q: I'm unable to sign in using my MSA.
A: The most common cause of sign in problems is attempting to sign in with an MSA that's different from the one associated with the subscription. If you use several different email addresses, it's possible that you're trying to sign in with the wrong one. Try signing in with another address. If that's unsuccessful, you can reach out to our subscriptions support team for assistance.
Q: I can't see my subscription. Where is it?
A: Many users have more than one subscription. If you are able to sign in to the subscriptions portal at https://my.visualstudio.com but cannot see your subscription, there are two common causes:
- You're logged in with a different Microsoft Account. It's possible that you have multiple subscriptions, such as a Professional or Enterprise subscription and a Visual Studio Dev Essentials membership, and they're associated with different email addresses. To see the other subscriptions, sign out and sign back in using the other MSA.
- You have multiple subscriptions associated with the same MSA. To see all of the subscriptions associated with your MSA, visit https://my.visualstudio.com/subscriptions and choose the subscription you wish to use.
If you're still having trouble, you can reach out to our subscriptions support team for assistance.
- Visual Studio documentation
- Azure DevOps documentation
- Azure documentation
- Microsoft 365 documentation
After you've successfully signed in to the subscriptions portal, we recommend visiting the Benefits page at https://my.visualstudio.com/benefits and exploring the great tools, services, and offers available to you.