Set up Cloud Solution Provider customer and billing in Partner Center
To get started:
- Partners need to have the appropriate permissions role to purchase in the Partner Center. Learn more about roles in Partner Center.
- Set up a customer tenant and CSP-based Azure subscription in Partner Center by following these steps:
Customer setup steps from video
- First, sign in to your Partner Center account. ). On the Dashboard, click Add new customer, or add a new customer from the Customers page. Provide the customer's details and advance to the customer's subscriptions.
- Add an Azure subscription, which the marketplace uses for billing. Customers can have as many Azure subscriptions as needed. Choose Add subscription and then Microsoft Azure to add more.
- Review your order and submit.
New subscriptions will initially have the subscription name "Microsoft Azure", so be sure to give subscriptions appropriate nicknames. Simply choose the subscription name, enter a new subscription nickname, and submit.
Now you're ready to buy Visual Studio. To purchase Visual Studio for a customer, choose the appropriate customer and then choose service management. If you haven't added an Azure subscription for the customer, the Visual Studio Marketplace and Manage Visual Studio Subscriptions links won't appear.
The Visual Studio Marketplace is where you go to purchase Visual Studio cloud subscriptions and VSTS resources for your customers. Choose Manage Visual Studio Subscriptions to assign subscriptions you've already purchased for your customer's end user. You can also delete existing assigned subscriptions or reassign them to a different user.
View Visual Studio pricing for CSP partners
To view Visual Studio pricing for CSP partners, log into the Partner Center. Choose Pricing and offers from the left nav. Choose the current month pricing file under usage-based services in the upper right. Once the Excel spreadsheet downloads, go to the Azure Price List sheet, and filter the Meter Category column to Visual Studio.
NOTE: Partners purchase Visual Studio in the CSP program through the Partner Center. At this time, there is no API for automation.