New User Guide
VSTS | TFS 2018 | TFS 2017 | TFS 2015 | TFS 2013
New to Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)?
We'll walk you through the basics of the web interface and some common tasks.
Get started with a free organization, share your code using Git, and track your work using a Kanban board.
- Sign up and invite some teammates
- Code with Git
- Set up continuous integration & delivery
- Plan & track work
- Add and run manual tests
- Install a Marketplace extension
- View permissions
- Key concepts
- Source control
- Kanban & Agile tools
- Clients and tools
- Software development roles
- What's the difference between VSTS and TFS?
- Enable preview features
- Use @mentions to further discussion
- Use #ID to link to work items
- Navigate using your organization home page
- Go mobile
- Manage your notifications
- Set your preferences
- Sign in to the web or a client
- Permissions and access
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Markdown guidance
- Navigate in the web portal
- Navigate in Team Explorer