Handling DMA Operations in KMDF Drivers
[Applies to KMDF only]
This section describes how a Kernel-Mode Driver Framework (KMDF) driver converts I/O requests into direct memory access (DMA) operations. KMDF supports bus-master and system-mode DMA.
In this section
- Introduction to DMA in Windows Driver Framework
- Framework DMA Objects
- DMA Transactions and DMA Transfers
- Sample Drivers That Use Framework DMA
- Handling I/O Requests in a KMDF Driver for a Bus-Master DMA Device
- Supporting System-Mode DMA
- Canceling DMA Transactions
- Reserving DMA Resources
- Testing DMA in KMDF Drivers
For information on how support DMA operations in WDM drivers, see DMA Programming Techniques.