Windows Admin Center
Applies To: Windows Admin Center, Windows Admin Center Preview
Welcome to Windows Admin Center!
Windows Admin Center (codenamed Project Honolulu) is an evolution of Windows Server in-box management tools; it’s a single pane of glass that consolidates all aspects of local and remote server management. As a locally deployed, browser-based management experience, an Internet connection and Azure aren’t required. Windows Admin Center gives you full control of all aspects of your deployment, including private networks that aren’t Internet-connected.
You can get Windows Admin Center up and running in your environment in minutes:
Contents at a glance
Learn about our latest released features:
- Version 1902 added a shared connection list & improvements to software defined network (SDN) management, including new SDN tools to manage ACLs, gateway connections, and logical networks.
- Version 1812 added dark theme (in preview), power configuration settings, BMC info, and PowerShell support to manage extensions and connections.
- Version 1809.5 is a GA cumulative update that includes various quality and functional improvements and bug fixes throughout the platform and a few new features in the hyper-converged infrastructure management solution.
- Version 1809 was a GA release that brought features that were previously in preview to the GA channel.
- Version 1808 added Installed Apps tool, lots of under the hood improvements, and major updates to the preview SDK.
- Version 1807 added a streamlined Azure connect experience, improvements to VM inventory page, file sharing functionality, Azure update management integration, and more.
- Version 1806 added show PowerShell script, SDN management, 2008 R2 connections, SDN, scheduled tasks, and many other improvements.
- Version 1804.25 - Maintenance update to support users installing Windows Admin Center in completely offline environments.
- Version 1804 - Project Honolulu becomes Windows Admin Center and adds security features and role-based access control. Our first GA release.
- Version 1803 added support for Azure AD access control, detailed logging, resizable content, and a bunch of tool improvements.
- Version 1802 added support for accessibility, localization, high-availability deployments, tagging, Hyper-V host settings, and gateway authentication.
- Version 1712 added more virtual machine features and performance improvements throughout the tools.
- Version 1711 added highly anticipated tools (Remote Desktop and PowerShell) along with other improvements.
- Version 1709 launched as our first public preview release.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.