What's new in the Android client
We regularly update the Remote Desktop client for Android, adding new features and fixing issues. Here's where you'll find the latest updates.
Updates for version 10.0.11
Date published: July 13, 2021
In this version, we made bug fixes and performance improvements.
Updates for version 10.0.10
Date published: 3/24/2021
- Added support for client-side IMEs when using built-in and onscreen keyboards.
- Added a prompt for credentials when subscribing to a workflow.
- Improved Azure Virtual Desktop workspace download performance to prevent throttling.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect command icons would appear in the UI.
Updates for version 10.0.9
Date published: 2/2/2021
- Support for dark mode on Android 10 and later.
- Fixed clipboard redirection synchronization issues.
- Added clipboard redirection to the Add/Edit PC UI.
- The Android client now supports the DEL key on external keyboards.
- Fixed a bug that caused workspace URL auto-complete to stop responding.
- Addressed keyboard and screen reader-related accessibility bugs.
- Addressed reliability issues identified by user reports.
Updates for version 10.0.8
Date published: 12/04/2020
- Client now supports microphone redirection.
- New UI for subscribing to and editing workspaces.
- Cleaned up existing UI throughout the client.
- Fixed Samsung DeX keyboard input.
- Addressed an issue where clients would report a 0x5000007 error when connecting using an RD Gateway server.
- Addressed several reliability issues identified by users through crash reporting.
- Minimum required version of Android is now Android 6.
- Fixed an issue where the client stopped responding while saving a file to redirected storage.
Updates for version 10.0.7
Date Published: 07/24/2020
- Implemented full support for Azure Virtual Desktop.
- Rewrote the client to use the same underlying RDP core engine as the iOS and macOS clients.
- New Connection Center experience.
- New Connection Progress UI.
- New in-session Connection Bar.
- Added support for Android TV devices.
- Integration with Microsoft Authenticator to enable conditional access when subscribing to Azure Virtual Desktop feeds.
- Enabled the transfer of connections and settings from Remote Desktop 8.
Updates for version 8.1.80
Date Published: 05/26/2020
- Changed the client icon to distinguish it from the new client currently in preview.
- Prepared the client to support settings and connections transfer to the new client.
Updates for version 8.1.79
Date published: 03/24/2020
- Fixed an issue where barcode scanners didn't work.
Updates for version 8.1.77
Date published: 02/11/2020
- Improved accessibility for users of keyboard-only navigation.