What's new for the Remote Desktop client on macOS?
We regularly update the Remote Desktop client for macOS, adding new features and fixing issues. Check out the latest updates below.
If you encounter any issues, you can always contact us via Help > Report an Issue.
Updates for version 10.2.1
Published date: 08/06/2018
- Enabled connectivity to Azure Active Directory (AAD) joined PCs. To connect to an AAD joined PC, your username must be in one of the following formats: “AzureAD\user” or “AzureAD\user@domain”.
- Addressed some bugs affecting the usage of smart cards in a remote session.
Updates for version 10.2.0
Published date: 07/24/2018
- Incorporated updates for GDPR compliance.
- MicrosoftAccount\username@domain is now accepted as a valid username.
- Clipboard sharing has been rewritten to be faster and support more formats.
- Copy and pasting text, images or files between sessions now bypasses the local machine’s clipboard.
- You can now connect via an RD Gateway server with an untrusted certificate (if you accept the warning prompts).
- Metal hardware acceleration is now used (where supported) to speed up rendering and optimize battery usage.
- When using Metal hardware acceleration we try to work some magic to make the session graphics appear sharper.
- Got rid of some instances where windows would hang around after being closed.
- Fixed bugs that were preventing the launch of RemoteApp programs in some scenarios.
- Fixed an RD Gateway channel synchronization error that was resulting in 0x204 errors.
- The mouse cursor shape now updates correctly when moving out of a session or RemoteApp window.
- Fixed a folder redirection bug that was causing data loss when copy and pasting folders.
- Fixed a folder redirection issue that caused incorrect reporting of folder sizes.
- Fixed a regression that was preventing logging into an AAD-joined machine using a local account.
- Fixed bugs that were causing the session window contents to be clipped.
- Added support for RD endpoint certificates that contain elliptic-curve asymmetric keys.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the download of managed resources in some scenarios.
- Addressed a clipping issue with the pinned connection center.
- Fixed the checkboxes in the Display property sheet to work better together.
- Aspect ratio locking is now disabled when dynamic display change is in effect.
- Addressed compatibility issues with F5 infrastructure.
- Updated handling of blank passwords to ensure the correct messages are shown at connect-time.
- Fixed mouse scrolling compatibility issues with MapInfra Pro.
- Fixed some alignment issues in the Connection Center when running on Mojave.
Updates for version 10.1.8
Published date: 05/04/2018
- Added support for changing the remote resolution by resizing the session window!
- Fixed scenarios where remote resource feed download would take an excessively long time.
- Resolved the 0x207 error that could occur when connecting to servers not patched with the CredSSP encryption oracle remediation update (CVE-2018-0886).
Updates for version 10.1.7
Published date: 04/05/2018
- Made security fixes to incorporate CredSSP encryption oracle remediation updates as described in CVE-2018-0886.
- Improved RemoteApp icon and mouse cursor rendering to address reported mispaints.
- Addressed issues where RemoteApp windows appeared behind the Connection Center.
- Fixed a problem that occured when you edit local resources after importing from Remote Desktop 8.
- You can now start a connection by pressing ENTER on a desktop tile.
- When you're in full screen view, CMD+M now correctly maps to WIN+M.
- The Connection Center, Preferences, and About windows now respond to CMD+M.
- You can now start discovering feeds by pressing ENTER on the Adding Remote Resources page.
- Fixed an issue where a new remote resources feed showed up empty in the Connection Center until after you refreshed.
Updates for version 10.1.6
Published date: 03/26/2018
- Fixed an issue where RemoteApp windows would reorder themselves.
- Resolved a bug that caused some RemoteApp windows to get stuck behind their parent window.
- Addressed a mouse pointer offset issue that affected some RemoteApp programs.
- Fixed an issue where starting a new connection gave focus to an existing session, instead of opening a new session window.
- We fixed an error with an error message - you'll see the correct message now if we can't find your gateway.
- The Quit shortcut (⌘ + Q) is now consistently shown in the UI.
- Improved the image quality when stretching in "fit to window" mode.
- Fixed a regression that caused multiple instances of the home folder to show up in the remote session.
- Updated the default icon for desktop tiles.