Storage Reports Management
Applies to: Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server (Semi-Annual Channel), Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2
On the Storage Reports Management node of the File Server Resource Manager Microsoft® Management Console (MMC) snap-in, you can perform the following tasks:
- Schedule periodic storage reports that allow you to identify trends in disk usage.
- Monitor attempts to save unauthorized files for all users or a selected group of users.
- Generate storage reports instantly.
For example, you can:
- Schedule a report that will run every Sunday at midnight, generating a list that includes the most recently accessed files from the previous two days. With this information, you can monitor weekend storage activity and plan server down-time that will have less impact on users who are connecting from home over the weekend.
- Run a report at any time to identify all duplicate files in a volume on a server so that disk space can be quickly reclaimed without losing any data.
- Run a Files by File Group report to identify how storage resources are segmented across different file groups
- Run a Files by Owner report to analyze how individual users are using shared storage resources.
This section includes the following topics:
To set e-mail notifications and certain reporting capabilities, you must first configure the general File Server Resource Manager options.