Policy CSP - Multitasking
Some information relates to prereleased products, which may be substantially modified before it's commercially released. Microsoft makes no warranties, expressed or implied, concerning the information provided here.
This policy is currently in preview mode only and will be supported in future releases. It may be used for testing purposes, but should not be used in a production environment at this time.
This policy controls the inclusion of Edge tabs into Alt+Tab.
Enabling this policy restricts the number of Edge tabs that are allowed to appear in the Alt+Tab switcher. Alt+Tab can be configured to show all open Edge tabs, only the 5 most recent tabs, only the 3 most recent tabs, or no tabs. Setting the policy to no tabs configures the Alt+Tab switcher to show app windows only, which is the classic Alt+Tab behavior.
This policy only applies to the Alt+Tab switcher. When the policy is not enabled, the feature respects the user's setting in the Settings app.
This is an ADMX-backed policy and requires a special SyncML format to enable or disable. For details, see Understanding ADMX-backed policies.
You must specify the data type in the SyncML as <Format>chr</Format>. For an example SyncML, refer to Enabling a policy.
The payload of the SyncML must be XML-encoded; for this XML encoding, there are a variety of online encoders that you can use. To avoid encoding the payload, you can use CDATA if your MDM supports it. For more information, see CDATA Sections.
- GP English name: Configure the inclusion of Edge tabs into Alt-Tab
- GP name: BrowserAltTabBlowout
- GP path: Windows Components/Multitasking
- GP ADMX file name: Multitasking.admx
The following list shows the supported values:
- 1 - Open windows and all tabs in Edge.
- 2 - Open windows and 5 most recent tabs in Edge.
- 3 - Open windows and 3 most recent tabs in Edge.
- 4 - Open windows only.
- 1 - Available in Windows 10, version 1607.
- 2 - Available in Windows 10, version 1703.
- 3 - Available in Windows 10, version 1709.
- 4 - Available in Windows 10, version 1803.
- 5 - Available in Windows 10, version 1809.
- 6 - Available in Windows 10, version 1903.
- 7 - Available in Windows 10, version 1909.
- 8 - Available in Windows 10, version 2004.
- 9 - Available in Windows 10, version 20H2.