Policy CSP - Speech
Added in Windows 10, version 1607. Specifies whether the device will receive updates to the speech recognition and speech synthesis models. A speech model contains data used by the speech engine to convert audio to text (or vice-versa). The models are periodically updated to improve accuracy and performance. Models are non-executable data files. If enabled, the device will periodically check for updated speech models and then download them from a Microsoft service using the Background Internet Transfer Service (BITS).
- GP English name: Allow Automatic Update of Speech Data
- GP name: AllowSpeechModelUpdate
- GP path: Windows Components/Speech
- GP ADMX file name: Speech.admx
The following list shows the supported values:
- 0 – Not allowed.
- 1 (default) – Allowed.
- 1 - Added in Windows 10, version 1607.
- 2 - Added in Windows 10, version 1703.
- 3 - Added in Windows 10, version 1709.
- 4 - Added in Windows 10, version 1803.