Extends ITaskbarList2 by exposing methods that support the unified launching and switching taskbar button functionality added in Windows 7. This functionality includes thumbnail representations and switch targets based on individual tabs in a tabbed application, thumbnail toolbars, notification and status overlays, and progress indicators.
The ITaskbarList3 interface has these methods.
|ITaskbarList3::RegisterTab||Informs the taskbar that a new tab or document thumbnail has been provided for display in an application's taskbar group flyout.|
|ITaskbarList3::SetOverlayIcon||Applies an overlay to a taskbar button to indicate application status or a notification to the user.|
|ITaskbarList3::SetProgressState||Sets the type and state of the progress indicator displayed on a taskbar button.|
|ITaskbarList3::SetProgressValue||Displays or updates a progress bar hosted in a taskbar button to show the specific percentage completed of the full operation.|
|ITaskbarList3::SetTabActive||Informs the taskbar that a tab or document window has been made the active window.|
|ITaskbarList3::SetTabOrder||Inserts a new thumbnail into a tabbed-document interface (TDI) or multiple-document interface (MDI) application's group flyout or moves an existing thumbnail to a new position in the application's group.|
|ITaskbarList3::SetThumbnailClip||Selects a portion of a window's client area to display as that window's thumbnail in the taskbar.|
|ITaskbarList3::SetThumbnailTooltip||Specifies or updates the text of the tooltip that is displayed when the mouse pointer rests on an individual preview thumbnail in a taskbar button flyout.|
|ITaskbarList3::ThumbBarAddButtons||Adds a thumbnail toolbar with a specified set of buttons to the thumbnail image of a window in a taskbar button flyout.|
|ITaskbarList3::ThumbBarSetImageList||Specifies an image list that contains button images for a toolbar embedded in a thumbnail image of a window in a taskbar button flyout.|
|ITaskbarList3::ThumbBarUpdateButtons||Shows, enables, disables, or hides buttons in a thumbnail toolbar as required by the window's current state. A thumbnail toolbar is a toolbar embedded in a thumbnail image of a window in a taskbar button flyout.|
|ITaskbarList3::UnregisterTab||Removes a thumbnail from an application's preview group when that tab or document is closed in the application.|
- When working with a TDI application (such as Windows Internet Explorer) or a MDI application (such as Microsoft Excel) that is displaying its windows as a group on the taskbar:
- Provide the taskbar with a thumbnail that represents the view of an individual tab or document.
- Remove the thumbnail of an individual tab or document from the group.
- Change the order of thumbnails in the group.
- Set a tab thumbnail as the selected item when the thumbnails are shown.
- When applying an overlay to a taskbar icon, such as a notification.
- When showing the progress of an operation, such as copying or installing an item.
- When adding a toolbar to a thumbnail.
|Windows version||Windows 7 [desktop apps only] Windows Server 2008 R2 [desktop apps only]|
|Header||shobjidl_core.h (include Shobjidl.h)|