Microsoft Threat Experts
Some information relates to prereleased product which may be substantially modified before it's commercially released. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information provided here.
Microsoft Threat Experts is a managed hunting service that provides Security Operation Centers (SOCs) with expert level monitoring and analysis to help them ensure that critical threats in their unique environments don’t get missed.
This new capability provides expert-driven insights and data through targeted attack notification and access to experts on demand.
Targeted attack notification
Microsoft Threat Experts provides proactive hunting for the most important threats to your network, including human adversary intrusions, hands-on-keyboard attacks, or advanced attacks like cyberespionage. The managed hunting service includes:
- Threat monitoring and analysis, reducing dwell time and risk to the business
- Hunter-trained artificial intelligence to discover and prioritize both known and unknown attacks
- Identifying the most important risks, helping SOCs maximize time and energy
- Scope of compromise and as much context as can be quickly delivered to enable fast SOC response.
Collaborate with experts, on demand
The Microsoft Threat Experts' experts-on-demand capability is still in preview. You can only use the experts-on-demand capability if you have applied for preview and your application has been approved.
Customers can engage our security experts directly from within Microsoft Defender Security Center for timely and accurate response. Experts provide insights needed to better understand the complex threats affecting your organization, from alert inquiries, potentially compromised machines, root cause of a suspicious network connection, to additional threat intelligence regarding ongoing advanced persistent threat campaigns. With this capability, you can:
- Get additional clarification on alerts including root cause or scope of the incident
- Gain clarity into suspicious machine behavior and next steps if faced with an advanced attacker
- Determine risk and protection regarding threat actors, campaigns, or emerging attacker techniques
- Seamlessly transition to Microsoft Incident Response (IR) or other third-party Incident Response services when necessary