Manage your experiment in Partner Center
After you define your experiment in Partner Center and code your app for experimentation, you are ready to activate your experiment and use Partner Center to review the results of your experiment. After you have obtained all the data you need, you can end your experiment and choose whether to keep using the variable values in the control variation for all your apps, or switch to using the variable values in one of your other variations.
When you activate an experiment, Partner Center immediately starts collecting data from any apps that are instrumented to log data for your experiment. However, it can take several hours for experiment data to appear in Partner Center.
For a walkthrough that demonstrates the end-to-end process of creating and running an experiment, see Create and run your first experiment with A/B testing.
Activate your experiment
When you are satisfied with the parameters of your experiment in Partner Center and you have updated your app code, you are ready to activate your experiment so you can start collecting experiment data from your app. When the experiment is active, your app can retrieve variation values and report view and conversion events to Partner Center.
- Sign in to Partner Center.
- Under Your apps, select the app with the experiment that you want to activate.
- In the navigation pane, select Services and then select Experimentation.
- In the table of projects in the Projects section, expand the project that contains your experiment and then do one of the following:
- Click the Activate link for your experiment. Your experiment is added to the Active experiments section near the top of the page.
- Click the experiment name, scroll to the bottom of the experiment page, and click Activate.
After you activate an experiment, you can no longer modify the experiment parameters unless you clicked the Editable experiment check box when you created the experiment. We recommend that you code the experiment in your app before activating your experiment.
Review the results of your experiment
- In Partner Center, return to the Experimentation page for your app.
- In the Active experiments section, click the name of your active experiment to go to the experiment page.
- For an active or completed experiment, the first two sections in this page provide the results of your experiment:
- The Results summary section lists your experiment goals and the conversion rate percentage for each variation.
- The Results details section provides more details for each variation of all the goals in your experiment, including the views, conversions, unique users, conversion rate, delta %, confidence, and significance. The confidence is a statistical measure of the reliability of an estimate, which calculates the margin of error. The significance is a statistical measure, based on sample size, to determine the likelihood that a result is not due to chance, but is instead attributed to a specific cause.
Partner Center reports only the first conversion event for each user in a 24-hour time period. If a user triggers multiple conversion events in your app within a 24-hour period, only the first conversion event is reported. This is intended to help prevent a single user with many conversion events from skewing the experiment results for a sample group of users.
Complete your experiment
- In Partner Center, return to your experiment page. For instructions, see the previous section.
- In the Results summary section, do one of the following:
- If you want to end the experiment and continue using the variable values in the control variation in your app, click Keep.
- If you want to end the experiment but switch to using the variable values in a different variation in your app, click Switch under the variation to which you want to switch.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to end the experiment.
Send feedback about: