Windows Premium Ads Publishers Program
As part of our continuous efforts to help Windows developers monetize their apps through ads, we offer the Windows Premium Ads Publishers Program. This is a curated collection of ad-enabled apps and games that are best in class in terms of usage, engagement and experience. These apps and games are viewability certified and have a globally distributed audience of identifiable users that are highly engaged.
Advertisers from our partner ad networks can identify these apps separately and serve premium, high-yield ads exclusively to these apps for the highest return on investment for their campaigns. For developers, this means that apps that are part of this program can earn more advertising revenue.
How does Microsoft add apps to this program?
We continually review apps in the Store against the qualifying criteria. Apps that meet the qualifying criteria are put through a rigorous manual review process to check for a smooth, well-defined user experience and to make sure ads are well placed to avoid unintentional clicks. Apps that clear both the automatic and manual screening process are then added to the program.
This is currently an invite-only program, and merely meeting the qualifying criteria does not automatically entitle an app to become part of the premium program. If you want to know more about improving your app experience to qualify for the program, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
What are the criteria for apps in the program?
Apps in this program must satisfy the following criteria:
- Minimum guaranteed daily ad request volume.
- High viewability rate for impressions.
- Good quality clicks contributing to a minimum click-through-rate across all ad formats.
- Follow Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) standard ad sizes and placement methods. No hidden ads.
- Clean placement of banner ads (for example, ads are not adjacent to each other).
- Ad units are not used across multiple apps.
- Clear defined user flow to the point where the video and/or interstitial banner ad is shown. Video ads are not pre-cached.
- Controlled ad refresh behavior so that the ads returned from the mediation server are always played.
- Great Store presence with clear app descriptions, high fidelity screenshots and icons uploaded to the Store. Video trailers are strongly recommended.
- No fraudulent activity.
Can apps get removed from the program?
Apps in the program are monitored on a frequent basis to ensure they continue to meet the qualifying criteria. To sustain a minimum daily ad request volume, make sure your app usage does not drop significantly over time. A great way to do this is by running regular promotion campaigns.
Can I provide additional marketing material to showcase my app in the program?
Any content uploaded as part of the Store submission is automatically used to showcase premium apps. In addition, if you would like to use more app or game screenshots, game trailers and rich descriptions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.