IFaxRoutingMethods interface (faxcom.h)
The IFaxRoutingMethods dual interface is used by a fax client application to access the FaxRoutingMethod objects derived from a FaxPort object. The interface enumerates fax routing information for a specific fax port.
The IFaxRoutingMethods interface includes methods that allow a fax client application to perform the following tasks.
- Retrieve the number of fax routing methods associated with a fax port.
- Create and retrieve IFaxRoutingMethod interface pointers for FaxRoutingMethod objects.
The IFaxRoutingMethods interface inherits from the IDispatch interface. IFaxRoutingMethods also has these types of members:
The IFaxRoutingMethods interface has these methods.
The IFaxRoutingMethods::get_Count returns the number of fax routing methods associated with a FaxPort object.
The IFaxRoutingMethods::get_Item method creates a FaxRoutingMethod object for a specified fax routing method. The object allows enumeration of fax routing information for a specified FaxPort object.
RemarksIFaxRoutingMethod interface pointers to FaxRoutingMethod objects. There is one FaxRoutingMethod object for each routing method associated with the specified fax port.
To create an instance of a FaxRoutingMethod object, perform the following steps. Note that a fax client application should not call the CoCreateInstance function to retrieve an IFaxRoutingMethod interface pointer.
- Call the CoCreateInstance function to retrieve a pointer to an IFaxServer interface.
- Call the IFaxServer::Connect method to connect to a fax server.
- Call the IFaxPort::GetRoutingMethods method to create and initialize a FaxRoutingMethods object for the fax port.
- Call the IFaxRoutingMethods::get_Count method and then the IFaxRoutingMethods::get_Item method to retrieve IDispatch interface pointers for each child FaxRoutingMethod object. (You can also call the IUnknown::QueryInterface method to retrieve an IFaxRoutingMethod interface pointer).
- Use the IDispatch interface pointer to call IFaxRoutingMethod interface methods.
- Call the IFaxServer::Disconnect method to disconnect from the fax server.
- Call the IUnknown::Release method for each FaxRoutingMethod object to allow the object to deallocate itself, and again to destroy the IFaxRoutingMethods interface pointer.
|Minimum supported client||Windows 2000 Professional [desktop apps only]|
|Minimum supported server||Windows 2000 Server [desktop apps only]|