The IDropSource interface is one of the interfaces you implement to provide drag-and-drop operations in your application. It contains methods used in any application used as a data source in a drag-and-drop operation. The data source application in a drag-and-drop operation is responsible for:
- Determining the data being dragged based on the user's selection.
- Initiating the drag-and-drop operation based on the user's mouse actions.
- Generating some of the visual feedback during the drag-and-drop operation, such as setting the cursor and highlighting the data selected for the drag-and-drop operation.
- Canceling or completing the drag-and-drop operation based on the user's mouse actions.
- Performing any action on the original data caused by the drop operation, such as deleting the data on a drag move.
The IDropSource interface inherits from the IUnknown interface. IDropSource also has these types of members:
The IDropSource interface has these methods.
|IDropSource::GiveFeedback||Enables a source application to give visual feedback to the end user during a drag-and-drop operation by providing the DoDragDrop function with an enumeration value specifying the visual effect.|
|IDropSource::QueryContinueDrag||Determines whether a drag-and-drop operation should be continued, canceled, or completed. You do not call this method directly. The OLE DoDragDrop function calls this method during a drag-and-drop operation.|
|Minimum supported client||Windows 2000 Professional [desktop apps only]|
|Minimum supported server||Windows 2000 Server [desktop apps only]|