Extends the ISelectionItemProvider interface to provide information about selected items.
The ISelectionProvider2 interface has these methods.
|ISelectionProvider2::get_CurrentSelectedItem||Gets the currently selected item.|
|ISelectionProvider2::get_FirstSelectedItem||Gets the first item in a group of selected items.|
|ISelectionProvider2::get_ItemCount||Gets the number of selected items.|
|ISelectionProvider2::get_LastSelectedItem||Gets the last item in a group of selected items.|
This interface is implemented by a Microsoft UI Automation provider.
Providers should raise an event of type UIA_Selection_InvalidatedEventId when a selection in a container has changed significantly.
When selecting from a list or 2D grid there are primary pieces of information that ATs would like to better read to their end users. Using Excel as a primary example, there are 4 main pieces of information necessary for the AT to provide a good experience:
- The first cell in the selection
- The last cell in the selection
- The current item as you select
- The total count
- The user started in cell F5 (note this is where focus input stays because if you type that is where data lands)
- The user selects down the column to cell F7
- The user then selects left to cell D7
|Minimum supported client||Windows 10, version 1709 [desktop apps | UWP apps]|
|Minimum supported server||Windows Server 2016 [desktop apps | UWP apps]|
|Header||uiautomationcore.h (include UIAutomation.h)|