Xamarin.Essentials 1.7 release notes
What's New in this Release
Added ability to clear login information on iOS with
PrefersEphemeralWebBrowserSession on the new
Pin AndroidX NuGets
Xamarin.Essentials now is built against Android 10.0 SDK and now pins
Xamarin.AndroidX.Browser to [126.96.36.199,1.4) to align with Xamarin.Forms.
- Tuesday, July 12, 2021 - Xamarin.Essentials 1.7.0
- GH-1656 Fix Android Storage Read to ensure granted and ot request on Media Pick
- GH-1586 Fix potential crash on Android WebAuthenticator when null
- GH-1572 Improve UIColor conversions on iOS
- GH-1829 Fix for iOS < 10.3 for max frame rates crash
- GH-1733 No longer need to check mic permission when picking photo
- GH-1754 Fix java dispose issue on Android get display info
- GH-1661 Fix for Android crash on Phone Dialer with certain values passed in
- GH-1757 Fix on iOS swipe down crash
- There are no API breaks in the update
- On Android the library has aligned with Xamarin.Forms and the Xamarin Community Toolkit to pinning specific versions of AndroidX dependnecies and compiling only against Android 10.0. This means you must compile your application against Android 10.0, which has been a Google Play requirement since August 3, 2020.
Thank you to our community for helping to make Xamarin.Essentials even better!
This release, we received amazing contributions from these individuals:
- @jgoyvaers Fix WebAuthenticator fix on Android
- @tipa Improvements on UIColoc Conversion
- @AndyG74 fix on iOS mic permission
- @dimonovdd Docs improvements & swipe down on media picker bug fix
Give them a big round of applause!
Your feedback is important to us. If you encounter problems with Xamarin.Essentials, check the .NET Q&A for Xamarin.Essentials and Xamarin.Forms GitHub for existing issues. Report new issues and suggestions on GitHub.
Xamarin.Essentials 1.7.0 is based on the open-source Xamarin.Essentials repository: