Xamarin.iOS 11.6 Release Notes
- Visual Studio 2017 – Visual Studio Installer
- Visual Studio 2017 for Mac – Stable updater channel
- Visual Studio 2015 Tools for Xamarin – Stable updater channel
- The latest features and API requires Xcode 9.2 and the bundled iOS, tvOS and watchOS SDKs;
- Apple Xcode 9.2 requires a Mac running OSX 10.12.6 (Sierra) or newer;
We'd love to hear from you! If there are any problems with this release, check the Xamarin.iOS Forums, Xamarin Bugzilla Tracker and GitHub for existing issues. Report new issues and suggestions on GitHub.
This release of Xamarin.iOS will follow shortly after the official release of Xcode 9.2 by Apple.
- January 16th, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 22.214.171.124
- January 9th, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 126.96.36.199
- December 4th, 2017 - Xamarin.iOS 188.8.131.52
You can learn more about how we ship our releases in the Visual Studio 2017 Release Rhythm document.
January 16th, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 184.108.40.206
This version is included in the Visual Studio 2017 version 15.5.5 release.
- 61002: [bcl] Runtime exception: Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'MobileAuthenticatedStream'
January 9th, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 220.127.116.11
This version is included in the Visual Studio 2017 version 15.5.3 release.
- 60625: [runtime] Assertion at local-propagation.c:562, condition
ins->opcode > MONO_CEE_LASTnot met
December 4th, 2017 - Xamarin.iOS 18.104.22.168
This version is included in the Visual Studio 2017 version 15.5.1 release.
Integrated Mono Features/Fixes
Additional information can be found in Mono release notes.
What's new in this release
- Support for Xcode 9.2
- New API for iOS 11.2, tvOS 11.2 and watchOS 4.2
- New API for iOS 11, tvOS 11 and watchOS 4
Support for Xcode 9.2
Our tooling (e.g. simulator and device support) was updated to ensure compatibility with the latest libraries.
Additional information can be found in Xcode release notes.
New API for iOS 11.2, tvOS 11.2 and watchOS 4.2
There were very few changes, split across most frameworks, in the SDKs. Bindings for the following frameworks have been updated for iOS 11.2, tvOS 11.2 and watchOS 4.2:
- CoreAnimation (QuartzCore)
- StoreKit, adding Introductory Pricing for Auto-Renewable Subscriptions
New API for iOS 11, tvOS 11 and watchOS 4
Additional API from Xcode 9 are also included in this release, in particular:
- CoreImage filters
- Bindings for Security.framework
- Bindings for MetalPerformanceShaders.framework
Using an older Xcode version
Using an older Xcode version (than the one mentioned in the above requirements) is often possible, but some features may not be available. Also some limitations might requires workarounds, e.g.:
- The static registrar requires Xcode headers files to build applications, leading to
MT4109errors if API are missing. In most cases enabling the managed linker will help (by removing the API).
- Bitcode builds (for tvOS and watchOS) can fail submission to the App Store unless an Xcode 9.0+ toolchain is used.
Xamarin.iOS is based on the following open-source repositories: