Xamarin.iOS 12.4 Release Notes
- The latest features and APIs requires Xcode 10.2 beta 2 and the bundled iOS, tvOS and watchOS SDKs
- Apple Xcode 10.2 requires a Mac running OSX 10.14 (Mojave) or newer
What's New in this Release
Support for Xcode 10.2
For more information you can consult the Xcode 10.2 release notes from Apple.
Support for iOS 12.2
For more information you can consult the iOS 12.2 release notes from Apple.
Support for tvOS 12.2
For more information you can consult the tvOS 12.2 release notes from Apple.
Support for watchOS 5.2
For more information you can consult the watchOS 5.2 release notes from Apple.
This version of Xamarin.iOS correspond to our
xcode10.2 milestone and is based of the stable 15.9 release.
- February 8, 2019 - Xamarin.iOS 22.214.171.124
You can learn more about how we ship our releases in the Visual Studio 2017 Release Rhythm document.
February 8, 2019 - Xamarin.iOS 126.96.36.199
This release is based on the Xcode 10.2 beta 2 release.
- 4740 - [NSLayoutManager] Complete bindings for NSLayoutManager
- 5345 - [mapkit] Add missing
Apple Non-Breaking Issues
- rdar://47596444 Missing PKDisbursementVoucher.h header file
Using an older Xcode version
Using an older Xcode version (than the one mentioned in the above requirements) is often possible, but some features may not be available. Also some limitations might require workarounds, e.g.:
- The static registrar requires Xcode headers files to build applications, leading to
MT4109errors if APIs are missing. In most cases enabling the managed linker will help (by removing the API).
- Bitcode builds (for tvOS and watchOS) can fail submission to the App Store unless an Xcode 9.0+ toolchain is used.
The following documents contains a complete list of the API changes since the Xamarin.iOS 12.2.1 stable release:
Integrated Mono Features/Fixes
Xamarin.iOS uses a customized runtime and base class libraries (BCL) from Mono.
Additional information can be found in Mono release notes.
Your feedback is important to us. If there are any problems with this release, check the Xamarin.iOS Forums and Xamarin Mac/iOS Github Repository for existing issues. If you do not find any matching issue, please feel free to start a new discussion and report an issue.
Xamarin.iOS is based on the following open-source repositories: