This article provides several troubleshooting tips for working with tvOS 10 in Xamarin.tvOS apps.
The following sections list some known issues that can occur when using tvOS 10 with Xamarin.tvOS and the solution to those issues:
- When testing In-App Purchases in the sandbox environment, the authentication dialog may appear twice.
- When testing In-App Purchases with hosted content in the sandbox environment, the password dialog will appear every time the app is brought to the foreground until the content download completes.
nullkey will result in an exception.
- Referencing a font by name when calling
UIFont.WithNamewill cause a crash.
no longer RC4 cipher suites during the TLS handshake forhttp://` URLs.
- Apps can hang if they modify a superview's geometry in either the
- For all SSL/TLS connections, the RC4 symmetric cipher is now disabled by default. Additionally, the Secure Transport API no longer supports SSLv3 and it is recommended that the app stop using SHA-1 and 3DES cryptography as soon as possible.
CFNetwork HTTP Protocol
HTTPBodyStream property of the
NSMutableURLRequest class must be set to an unopened stream since
NSURLSession now strictly enforce this requirement.
Long running operations will return a "You don't have permission to save the file." error.
CIImageProcessor API now supports an arbitrary input image count.
CIImageProcessor API that was included in tvOS 10 beta 1 will be removed.
After a Handoff operation, the
UserInfo property of a
NSUserActivity object might be empty. Explicitly call
BecomeCurrent NSUserActivity` object as a current workaround.
- Changes to the background appearance of
UIToolBarmay result in a layout pass to resolve the new appearance. Attempting to modify these appearances inside of a
DidUpdateSubviewsevent can result in an infinite layout loop.
- In tvOS 10, calling the
RemoveGestureRecognizermethod of a
UIViewobject explicitly cancels any in-progress Gesture Recognizer.
- Presented View Controllers can now affect the appearance of the status bar.
- tvOS 10 requires the developer to call
UIViewControllerand overriding the
- Apps with custom
UIViewsubclasses that override
LayoutSubviewsand dirty the layout before calling
base.LayoutSubviewsmay trigger an infinite layout loop in tvOS 10.
- Direction-specific or flippable images assets are no flipping when assigned to