Introduction to watchOS 4
Access new features of watchOS 4 in your apps:
- Read barometric altimeter data in the new Apple Watch Series 3.
- Connect directly to network resources with cellular data available on some Apple Watch Series 3 models.
- Core Bluetooth can connect directly to accessories.
- New background modes for workout and audio apps.
- New SiriKit intents for lists and notes.
Changes since watchOS 3:
- App code and UI run in a single process.
- Location permission can be granted on the watch (no need to ask the user to accept on their phone).